WHAT IS GLA:D®
GLA:D® stands for Good Life with osteoArthritis in Denmark. It is a physiotherapy led education and strengthening exercise program developed by researchers in Denmark for people with hip or knee osteoarthritis (OA) symptoms.
- Reduced joint pain
- Improve joint function and quality of life
- OA symptom progression reduction of 32%
- Reduction in use of pain killers and the like of medication
- less people on sick leave.
GLA:D® participants consistently reported high levels of satisfaction with the program and also further gain in levels of physical activity after 12 months of commencing the program.
WHO CAN DO THE GLA:D® PROGRAM?
The GLA:D® Australia research program is for participants that have a hip/knee joint problem. You may be excluded from completing the program if you have:
- Other symptoms that are more pronounced than OA (ie. chronic pain or fibromyalgia
- Other reasons for your pain (such as inflammatory arthritis, tumor or fracture related pain or soft tissue injury)
- Poor understanding of, or inability to follow instruction and communication in English.
NOTE: Whilst you may be excluded from the “national research program,” pending your assessment you may still be able to participate GLA:D® rehab with us at Dynamic Stability.