“Myo” meaning muscle is a natural and holistic form of physical therapy, which encourages you to listen and pay attention to your own body’s needs. At Dynamic Stability, our myotherapists specialise in the comprehensive assessment, treatment, management and prevention of musculoskeletal conditions which give rise to myofascial pain and biomechanical dysfunction.
Our aim of balancing the muscular system and connective tissues of the body can be achieved through the following treatments:
- Soft tissue therapy (deep, remedial, sports or relaxation massage)
- Postural analysis
- Heat therapy
- Myofascial Dry Needling (using sterile, single use acupuncture needles)
- Myofascial stretching (working on realigning the connective tissues)
- Corrective stretches
Myotherapy has many beneficial effects on the body, both physiological and psychological, some of which include:
- An increased stimulation of the nervous, immune and circulatory systems of the body.
- Peripheral nerve endings are stimulated causing either a relaxing or uplifting effect, depending on the technique used.
- Enhanced removal of unwanted metabolic waste products produced in the body
- An increase in the blood flow encourages nourishment and development of the muscular system.
- Improved flexibility
- An increase in the range of motion in and across a joint achieved through the release of tight muscles allows better freedom to move the body.
- Decreased stress levels for those with hectic lifestyles
- Rejuvenate and increase energy levels
- Improve postural and overall body awareness
- Enhance wellbeing – mind and body.